Introducing a new leader or new team members will have a significant impact on any leadership team. But many teams underestimate this. High performance teams get ahead of this impact and invest time early to realign the team’s rules of engagement and induct the new members to the team’s purpose and mandate.
Stages of Leadership Team Performance
When done efficiently, a team can rapidly develop beyond the early stages of team development – dramatically reducing the time to collective performance and minimising any distraction to the wider organisation. Click here to learn more about our framework for high performing team development.
Our ‘fast start’ approach: Launch, Lift, Land.
- Bigger relationships enable bigger conversations, which build trust and intimacy, and enable people to connect beyond their role.
- Understand your new leader – background, values, and ways of working.
- Shared purpose: What is the unique contribution of this team? What do you want to be known for?
- Team values & behaviours.
- Rules of engagement and signature team practices.
- Agree on the ‘real’ work of the team – how do we deliver today but with an eye on our unique strategic contribution of the future?
- Generate clarity on individual and team deliverables. Highlight key interdependencies between roles.
- Collectively manage key stakeholder engagement.
We believe one size fits one team. Our solutions are bespoke to your team and organisation.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.